February 26, 2013

Producer Greg Weisman left Young Justice with an "Open-Ended Closure"


Recently Young Justice producer, Greg Weisman, did an interview with the website, worldsfinestonline.com. In the interview he talks about the final issue of the Young Justice comics and gives a little bit of insight on his thinking process about Young Justice ending.

Here is an excerpt from the interview:
“I’m not writing an epitaph here. But the nature of the business is that you never know if you’re going to be picked up for more episodes or issues. So whether it’sCaptain AtomGargoylesW.I.T.C.H.The Spectacular Spider-Man or Young Justice, I always try to end each season or run at a good place to stop, with what I like to call open-ended closure. So with the Young Justice book and show, Brandon [Vietti] and I tied up enough threads that the audience/reader can feel satisfied, but we’ve left some questions unanswered, some threads dangling intentionally, so that we have the chance to come back. And I would love to come back to this world, these characters. Believe me.”

To read more of the Greg Weisman interview click here.

4 comments:

  1. I don't understand why it has to end. If they didn't "leave" Young Justice, they wouldn't have to come back. What's more the fans (like us) would be happy!
    Why good cartoons have to end? And the not-so-good ones stay?
    The first thing I do every Sunday morning is search for the newest YJ episode. It seems that I won't do it anymore :( I'm sad.
    I also want you to know that I love your blog. It's awsome! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya,

      I totally understand what you're feeling. It sucks that a lot of good shows are canceled, i'm assuming it has a lot to do with money and ratings. I'll miss watching YJ on saturdays and blogging about it!

      And thank you so much for loving the blog, you've always been an awesome fan!

      Delete
    2. Actually, YJ has some of the best ratings on Cartoon Network and I doubt that money is an issue if they're willing to replace it and "Green Lantern: TAS" with a Batman reboot and a chibi Teen Titans rip-off.

      Delete
    3. I said money might of been an issue because sometimes shows that have toys based off of them, like Adventure Time & Gumball, that do well in sales are more likely to stay on air.

      And Young Justice didn't do that good with toy sales, comic sales, and etc. since they all got canceled, and maybe CN took that as YJ is not that popular.

      Delete

Type your comment, we all want to know what you have to say!